Newrange Gold’s exploration work for 2019 will continue to focus on defining a multi-million ounce, near surface, oxide gold resource (this estimate is conceptual in nature at this stage), with additional target definition, expanded underground mapping and sampling, reverse circulation (RC) and core drilling.
Pamlico work program to date includes:
- Extensive surface and underground mapping and sampling
- Property wide magnetic, radiometric and gravity geophysical surveys
- Phase I, II and III drilling programs (47 holes)
- Drilling of four deep holes to evaluate host rocks stratigraphy
- Structural interpretation and 3D modeling from drilling data
- Staking of new claims increasing property size to 1,670 hectares
- Initiated metallurgical testing through Cyanide shake assays
- Conducted test program of large-diameter diamond drilling
The Company’s initial exploration efforts have been concentrated on the Merritt Area, which represents less than 1% of the property. This work, designed to develop a high confidence, strong predictive model of the complex geology and very high-grade mineralization at Pamlico has been exceptionally successful and will be an invaluable guide in further exploring the Merritt Area and other high priority targets on the property. This work has:
- Discovered multiple new, shallow, oxidized, high-grade and structurally controlled zones of mineralization
- Discovered large areas of stockwork/disseminated oxidized mineralization potentially amenable to bulk surface mining methods
- Defined a NW-SE trending mineralized corridor over a 500 meters strike length and 130 meters width that remain open along strike to the SE. This corridor is bordered by Pamlico Ridge on the south side.
- Defined an exceptionally favorable volcanic host rock unit, which is the preferred host for the majority of all historic production and virtually all newly discovered mineralization at Pamlico
- Identified additional, similar, highly favorable volcanic units at depth, materially increasing the size potential at Pamlico
- Confirmed an extremely deep level of thorough oxidation extending 200 meters below the surface
- Indicated highly consistent and favourable recoveries of gold and amenability to heap leaching
As presently known, five (5) large, high potential exploration target areas exist at Pamlico and include: the E-W, Gold Box, East Zone North and East Zone South in addition to the 2.7 kilometer long Pamlico Ridge. In total, these areas have a combined strike length of more than 14.2 kilometers.